(Rev. Dr. Curtis I. Crenshaw, Th.D.)
In my book, NOT Ten Suggestions, I wrote this over three years ago:
- Moreover, whom will the children of same sex couples “marry”? Where will they find “spouses” since their “parents” cannot reproduce, and others they associate with cannot reproduce? “Love” does not justify these relationships, for love is not subjectively defined, as we saw in Chapter 2, VI, but is defined by God’s law. (Order my book NOT Ten Suggestions here.) Will these children adopted by gays want to find out who their natural parents are? Will that be deemed unconstitutional? It irks them that every child that comes into the world is the product of one man and one woman, which is a constant reminder that they are wrong. Will there be a push to have human cloning so gays can have children?
- But only one male and one female can reproduce both their images in the new offspring. Cloning one parent will not do so. Adopting will not do so. Planting male sperm into a female egg of a lesbian partner will not do so, for the other “parent” contributed nothing. Only the one impregnated will have a relationship with the “father,” the child being in the image of the donor father and receptor mother, but not the other female partner. The female partner will have no biological relationship at all with the child. Two (or more) males won’t be able to receive any implanting. They will be left to cloning or adopting.
- This will be devastating to the children and family as they fight over who has the right to rear the child, to make rules, and when “divorces” inevitably occur, who will have the right to the children? As it stands now, when a man and woman marry, and if one had children before the marriage and the other one did not adopt them, if they divorce, the childless parent does not have the right to visit the child. How will this work out in people of the same sex when males “marry” and one has a child or when lesbians “marry,” and only one gives birth, or “marries” with a child? In all cases, the children will be the victims. Throw away babies.
- Then there will be a move to legitimize unions between three or more of both sexes, group marriages. Do not think that the radical sexual movement will stop with gay unions of two partners; they want complete sexual anarchy—pan sexuality. Have you heard of LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender? The dominoes are falling, and one sin inevitably leads to another; the only way to stop these dominoes is to come to Christ and to His law-word. “Triad” marriages are already being put forward, according to Fox News host Bill O’Reilly. There is no one who has a stop-gap morality by the grace of God and the Gospel to stop the disintegration except Christians.
- On a Phil Donahue talk show some years ago, I saw three who were living together, two men, and a woman. The men were homosexuals and the woman a lesbian who had her various “partners” visit her. But once in a while one of the men would go to the other part of the house to have sex with the woman so they could have a child, which they did, a little girl. They did not care which man was the father. All of them claimed to be her parents. When the audience asked the three what gender orientation they wanted for their daughter, they all said together, “happy.” That meant she was being taught complete license in her private life; all options were on the table. Throw away babies.
- Then it becomes more bizarre with four or five having legal status as a “union.” What happens when one wants to “divorce” the others? Who will pay what, and who will get what children? Then we will have a completely permissive society with God knows how many children who don’t have a clue who their real parents are, and who will be taught that it does not matter. They will truly be the victims. We will be a jungle, mating like animals with no accountability. How can children honor father and mother if they don’t know who they are? With no real commitment to anyone but ourselves, we’ll sink into total narcissism (and are sinking now) and sexual “freedom” (read: “enslavement”) with the motto that “anything goes.” Pedophilia will seem mild.Such legal group “marriages” will essentially be farms to raise children on, with multiple partners, like farm animals that breed with one another, producing many offspring, but with no direction, no morality. Because we have lost the vertical standard with God, we have lost the ability to define right and wrong between ourselves. As soon as the Triune God is removed as the standard for morality, there is no objective way to define human relationships. There will be no families, just individuals seeking their own interests, not the well being of others in a family. And who in the world will be the in-laws to all these people? Who will be the grandparents? Millions of motherless and fatherless kids will be produced. Throw away babies.Within “families” there will be horrendous confrontation built in between parents, between children, and between parents and children. To make matters worse, a straight couple marry and have their own children. Then one of them leaves the marriage for a person of the same sex, and gets divorced from the original marriage to “marry” the same sex partner. Now who gets the children? Judges’ hands will be tied, for the children, even of an innocent Christian parent, will have to live in a gay situation, or at the least to have visitation rights. The souls of the children will be in jeopardy, for God says that those who practice sinful sex will perish unless they repent (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). Throw away babies.Then the public schools will be full of gay people, and students are already being primed to accept that orientation and to castigate any who disagree, especially Christians. What will this do to those children who come from godly homes, or just from homes who do not want their children exposed to sexual promiscuity? Since God’s Ten Commandments have to be rejected to promote this errant lifestyle, what will this do to the children’s morals in general? As an increasing number of Christians take their children out of such schools to put them in private schools, those who promote such a lifestyle will seek to pass laws to prevent such, or to make it financially difficult, if not impossible. Don’t forget that those who promote such lifestyles are not neutral—they hate, will an unholy and vile passion, those who oppose them, as evidenced by the recent gay riots in California when the gay marriage law did not pass. The anger on their faces said it all.
Did you hear the news this past week (first week January, 2013) about the man who helped a lesbian couple have a child? He was the donor. The lesbian couple applied for welfare, and the state says the donor system was wrong, so the man owes the state child support. Meanwhile, the lesbians break up, so who has the baby? Throw away babies.
Again, Fox news reported, as did other news, that two lesbians were “together” as a couple, and they wanted a baby. Obviously, they can’t have one. So they contracted with a man to meet in private with one of the women, who became pregnant. A baby girl was born, and a judge put on the birth certificate that all three persons were the parents! (How stupid can you get?) The man understood that he would have visiting rights since the child was his, but the women did not agree. There was a law suit (what else?), and the man won visiting rights to see his daughter. Can it get any more bazaar? Yes, meanwhile, the two lesbians broke up, so how many parents are there now, and the lesbian who was not impregnated would not have any rights, it would seem. Moreover, who gets what alimony and child support, can the man try to get custody? This is what happens when we break God’s law. We self-destruct and the baby is the primary victim. Throw away babies.
Remember Roe v. Wade this month, and do something besides pray to stop abortion. We need good Christian lawyers to help girls have their children adopted. We need churches not to condemn the pregnant girls but to extend mercy to them, to establish free pregnancy centers with ultra sound, to give them clothes and a home to stay in and food, and to take care of their medical needs. Most of the time, adoption is the best option, for then we can see that the babies have two heterosexual Christian, parents. Keeper babies. We Christians should be adopting all the babies we can. Amen.